Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mike Rosenfeld



Masters B 35+ and Single Speed
B777...will have a single speed number Nov. 9
I raced CX from 88 till about 92 or 93. Had an old Alan (french...aluminum tubing that was screwed and glued, not welded) Cyclocross bike which was a 6 speed bike with a friction bar end shifter....and we raced CX with toeclips! I have scars to prove it. I just got back into it again.
Bryan Tracy was one the family friend who helped me get into racing...lending me shoes, bikes, his basement to work on bikes at all hours of the night and day. He helped setup the OCA (Oregon Cycling Alliance) that went on to become OBRA. It was great because I got to help setup all the major races in the northwest from the banana belt series to PIR, and all the Cyclocross races. Its amazing how much work goes into setting up the cones, tape, signs, get warmed up, race, change back, eat, take down the signs, tape and cones. I guess its easier when your 17.
My goal for this year is to break into the top 20.

No comments: