Thursday, January 8, 2009

Team Update

What’s become of Olson’s Hammer? There is plenty going on. For starters, Mel Lueck continues to take a spin class in Hillsboro and works hard with her trainer, Aaron Frye, at Forest Grove Health & Fitness. She is strong, lean and preparing for what might be next on her competitive cycling frontier. I can’t wait to get out on the road with Mel. She love’s cyclocross but holds back a bit due to fears of injury. On a road bike I believe she would really fly.
That leads me to another team member, Darrell Beck, who is encouraging Mel to buy his old road bike. I am eager to learn about his new bike. It sounds like Darrell could use some winter riding partners. I hope to get some rides in with him too. Another bike that is just waiting for Mel to take ownership of is the Jake the Snake Teresa Olson raced a few times during the last cross season.
Teresa got a really cool new, Salsa cross bike for Christmas. She tells me she’s been using her trainer a bit and is thinking about doing some road races this spring. Teresa too would appreciate some group rides this winter.
My friend, Rachael Parker, recently ran a 20k in Forest Grove. Running is Rachael athletic passion and she has inspired me to run a bit for cross training. Sadly, I just can’t seem to commit to any running events with her. On the other hand, Rachael is interested in trying out some road racing this year. Like me, she is concerned about pack riding. So again another Olson’s Hammer member who would appreciate going for a few group rides this winter.
Following Hugh Gapay, Kolben Prebel and I, joined the newly formed Hammer Velo team. There will be more about the entry that follows.

No comments: