Thursday, September 10, 2009

Too late to Get up to Date

I cannot believe that the last post to my blog was about Lewis and Clark Ultra. In just a few days we will be capping off our ULTRA racing season for 2009. September 12, 09 Hugh will set off for his 4th Ring of Fire race. The race this weekend will bring me full circle as it was my first 12-hour time trial just last year. I am looking forward to the constant demands of the course and riding my bike for 12 hours. I am also looking forward to seeing other racers and friends I've met through supporting Hugh and racing myself. A number of our local friends will be out on the course this year as well, Mike Olson and his daughter Teresa are teaming up for 12 hours, Rachael Parker will be going for the full-on 24 hours. Lisa Belair is hitting it with the knowledge she can push herself hard for 12 hours. (A seriously underrated contender). There still maybe others from the neighborhood signing on by race time.

But hold on. last weekend we were racing too. It was my first stage race, naturally unconventional, as it was the Crossover cyclecross stage race in Eugene, OR. I took 3rd in master women B, Hugh took 3rd in master men B and Kolben Prebel took 5th in men's B. That was definitely a great way to kickoff the cyclocross season, with great courses, pleasant weather and super camaraderie.

No comments: