Sunday, February 22, 2009

2009's First Race

It was a nice day for a bike race. The whole family headed to Vancouver, WA for the Jack Frost TT. It was my first time along with Hammer Velo junior teammate, Kolben Prebel. I found it to be surprisingly fun. Hugh beat his 2005 time by 2 minutes.

I was anxious about being able to push myself and ride hard throughout the 12.4 miles. I kept in mind something Dave Burnard told me last week while we were on a ride. Such a short race was not about riding tempo, but going all out, anaerobic, all the way. I didn’t think I would be able to do it on my own, but when I was on the course hearing my hard swift breath, I knew I could keep it up. “Recover when it’s over.” I told myself. I was pleased that I kept my speed consistent 21-19 mph and my heart rate high all the way. I did it and that made it fun for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
I was meaning to be out at Jack Frost, but I've been sick and spent the weekend in bed. I figured you're be there. Good to hear it went well for the two of you.
I tried e-mailing Hugh, but it bounced back to me. He must have a new address. I'd like to hear from him. Mine are the same.

Good to see you are hitting it so early in the year.

~Glenn